Student Visas

The Tier 4 (General) Student visa is suitable for individuals that wish to study in the UK.

You can apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa to study in the UK if you’re 16 or over and you:

have been offered a place on a course;
can speak, read, write and understand English;
have enough money to support yourself and and pay for your course – the amount will vary depending on your circumstances;
are from a country that’s not in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland;
meet the other eligibility requirements.

Students arriving in the UK on the Tier 4 route must have been accepted onto a course by an institution that is on the register of education and training providers.

We will go through the steps of eligibility with you in detail, prepare and submit the application with the supporting documents. We will continue to support you once you receive your visa by ensuring you remain eligible for the renewal. There are restrictions on what you can do in the UK in these visitor categories. For example, you cannot get married.