EEA Applications

Family Permits

EEA applications are for nationals of a country who are outside the European Economic Area (EEA). The family member or the extended family member of an EEA national can apply for an EEA family permit to come to the UK.

The EEA national must be travelling to the UK with you, or must already be in the UK. If they are not, you must apply for a visa instead of an EEA family permit.

When you apply, you must provide documents to prove your relationship to an EEA national who is coming to the UK or already here.

Residence documents for non-EEA family members of EEA nationals (who are permanent residents or ‘qualified persons’).

The residence document is for non-European family members of European or Swiss citizens who may want to apply for confirmation that they have the right to live in the UK.

If a citizen of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland is living in the UK in accordance with the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006, their family members who are not EEA or Swiss citizens also have the right to live here.

There are two types of residence documents which is initially a residence card that is granted for 5 years and thereafter you should be eligible for Permanent Residency.

You may also be eligible for a residence card if you have a ‘retained right of residence’ or apply as a ‘Surinder Singh’ case.

If you meet these requirements, you can find out how to apply from inside and outside the UK. We will go through the steps of eligibility with you in detail, prepare and submit the application with the supporting documents.