Our Charges: Immigration
The information on our fees relates to the standard types of visa and immigration applications, such as:
• Applications for naturalisation or registration under the British Nationality Act 1981
• Applications on behalf of the European Economic Area (EEA) nationals and their family members under the applicable EEA Regulations or Immigration Rules, including applications for permanent residence, residence cards, and registration certificates
• Applications under the Immigration Rules, including:
• Student and work experience visas
• Visit visas (for tourism, or visiting friends or family)
• Spouse and partners applications, including fiancé(e)s or proposed civil partners
• Applications for work, business or study under the Points-Based System;
• Dependent relative and family reunion applications
• Ancestry visas
• Other categories, such as applications on the basis of long residence
If you would like to discuss other immigration applications, please contact us for a free assessment (limited to 15 minutes) of your situation. We normally charge £60.00 (+ VAT) for a 1-hour consultation and initial case assessment.
Most of our visa and immigration services are provided on an hourly rate basis:
• Principal Solicitor: £250 per hour (+ VAT)
The exact number of hours it will take depends on the circumstances in your case. Such as:
• The complexity of the case
• The amount of supporting evidence that we need to consider
• Which language(s) you speak
• Whether you are applying with other dependants
If you are able to provide sufficient evidence at our first meeting and clearly meet the applicable Immigration Rules, the cost is likely to be at the lower end of this range.
Where possible we give an estimate of costs after our initial meeting and consultation with the client. The estimates described below represent the range of the fees for most standard applications. Upon our initial assessment of your situation, we may agree on a fixed fee. In any case, the fee estimate or fixed fee would be agreed upon prior to signing a formal client care letter.
Fee Estimate: Standard Applications
The below fees are an estimate provided based on our previous experience and the anticipated number of hours to be dedicated to your case. We will be able to provide a more accurate estimate after having an initial consultation and your case assessment.
• Applications to become British under the British Nationality Act 1981 (Estimated costs are between £500 — £2,000 (excluding VAT))
• Applications on behalf of the European Economic Area (EEA) nationals and their family members under the applicable EEA Regulations or Immigration Rules, including applications for permanent residence card and registration certificates. (Estimated fees are between £150 — £2,000 (excluding VAT))
• UK Visitor Visas (Estimated fees are between £450 — £2,000 (excluding VAT))
• Applications under the Points-Based system (excluding Tier 1 category: entrepreneurship, investment) (Estimated fees are between £600 — £2,000 (excluding VAT))
• Applications Tier 1 Entrepreneur and Investor (Estimated fees are between £1,500 — £6,000 (excluding VAT))
• Leave to enter or remain under Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules (Estimated fees are between £1000 — £2,000 (excluding VAT))
• Ancestry visas (Estimated fees are between £750 — £3,000 (excluding VAT))
• Settlement (indefinite leave to remain) applications (Estimated fees are between £750 — £3,000 (excluding VAT))
• Other categories, such as applications on the basis of long residence (Estimated fees are between £750 — £3,000 (excluding VAT))
• Immigration Appeals (Estimated fees are between £1,500 — £5,000 (excluding VAT))
What services are included?
The work will involve:
• Discussing your circumstances in detail and confirming whether this is the most appropriate application for you to make and what other options may be available to you;
• Giving you advice about the requirements of the Immigration Rules and whether you meet the criteria.
• If you do not fulfil certain criteria, whether this can be overcome and how;
• Considering the supporting evidence you have provided
• Where necessary, helping you to obtain further evidence (such as medical records and bank statements), including taking statements of any witnesses;
• Preparing your application and submitting it on your behalf;
• Attendance at a Home Office interview: if the Home Office ask you to attend an interview, we will give you clear advice (and discuss the possibility of us attending with you) at the appropriate time.
• Giving you advice about the outcome of the application and any further steps you need to take.
The amount of hours depends on the number of documents, whether they need to be translated, whether anything is missing and how long it will take to obtain the missing documents.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as visa fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
• Interpreters and translators fees are usually confirmed in advance.
• Independent expert reports e.g. medical experts. These are not required in many cases: we will let you know as soon as possible if we consider an expert report is necessary.
• If there is an interview and we do attend with you, there will be additional disbursements in respect of our mileage/travel expenses.
The costs quoted above do not include:
• Any Home Office fees for making the application. You will pay this to the Home Office directly as part of the application process together with Immigration Health Surcharge @ £400 per year except ILR applications.
• Where the Home Office refuse your application, advice and assistance in relation to any appeal
How long will my application take?
We cannot guarantee how long the Home Office will take to process your application. Read the current processing times.
We will normally be able to submit the above types of the applications within 1-4 weeks of you instructing us, but we will let you know at the earliest opportunity if it is likely to take longer than this.
Please note the anticipated number of hours and fees are an estimate based on the facts above. All applications are likely to vary and of course, we can give you a more accurate estimate once we have more information about your specific case.